This fresh salad is 3 of your 5-a-day. With zingy lime and a hit of chilli heat, it’s also a great introduction to quinoa if you haven’t tried it before
For the salad
- 60g quinoa
- 150g cooked shelled prawns
- 1 small avocado, stoned and sliced
- ¼ cucumber, halved and sliced
- 50g watercress
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing
- finely grated zest and juice 1 large lime
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp wheat-free tamari
- handful coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- Boil the quinoa in a small pan for 15 mins until the grains are tender and look like they have burst. Drain well and tip into a bowl. Meanwhile, make the dressing: mix the lime zest and juice and the chilli in a bowl.
- Stir half the dressing into the quinoa with the spring onions, tamari and half the coriander. Stir in all the salad vegetables, then spoon onto two serving plates.
- Stir the oil and maple syrup into the remaining dressing and toss in the prawns. Spoon onto the quinoa salad and scatter over the coriander to serve.