- 2 cucumbers
- 10 black olives , stone in
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 spring onions
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5 or 6 sprigs of fresh mint
- ½ a fresh red chilli
2. On a chopping board, use a knife to chop off the ends.
3. Carefully cut them in half across the middle, then in half lengthways.
4. Use a teaspoon to gently scoop out and discard the seeds.
5. Chop the cucumber up into 1cm chunks and place in a mixing bowl.
6. Place the olives on a chopping board, squash them with the heel of your hand, pull out and discard the stones, then roughly chop them and add them to the bowl.
7. Trim and finely slice the spring onions and add them to the bowl.
8. Add the balsamic vinegar and 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
9. Squeeze in the juice of ½ a lemon, using your fingers to catch any pips.
10. Sprinkle over a pinch of black pepper.
11. Pick and tear over the mint leaves, toss everything together, then serve.