“This basic pancake recipe turns into a delicious holiday breakfast simply by adding pumpkin and some fall spices!”
1 h / 6 servings / 284 cals
Prep –15 m
Cook –45 m
Ready In –1 h
- Combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl, and whisk together for two minutes to aerate.
- In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, egg, milk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix in the flour mixture, and stir just until moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Coat skillet with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Pour batter into skillet 1/4 cup at a time, and cook the pancakes until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.