This crunchy salad gets a protein boost from rotisserie chicken.
YIELD: 4 Servings
- 1/3 loaf ciabatta, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. baby rainbow carrots, halved lengthwise
- 6 c. torn Little Gem or romaine lettuce
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. cooked fresh or frozen peas
- 1 small fennel bulb, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- Mustard-Chive Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss together bread, oil, and garlic on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake, stirring once, until golden brown and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cook carrots in boiling salted water in a medium saucepan over high heat until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water until cool.
- Gently toss together lettuce, shredded chicken, peas, fennel, croutons, carrots, and vinaigrette in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper
- To make the mustard-chive vinaigrette, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh chives, ½ minced small shallot, 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.