Figs and almonds are classic Greek companions, frequently used in candies and baked goods. These bite-size treats are perfect for picnics and dessert tables
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and divided
- 1 cup dried figs, stems removed
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
Use a teaspoon to scoop out bite-sized portions of the paste. Roll the mixture into small log shapes, then roll the logs in remaining ground almonds. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 5 days.