Cooks In***45 minutes plus 24 hours marinating time
- 25 higher-welfare chicken wings
- Ginger and honey marinade
- 5 spring onions , finely sliced
- 5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 red chilli , sliced
- 1-2 cm piece of ginger , grated
- 4-5 sprigs of thyme , leaves picked
- Recipe by Lloyd Hayes
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl to make a sticky sauce.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer in a wide, shallow, nonreactive dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge to marinate for 24 hours.
- Heat your barbecue or griddle pan until hot. Cook the wings for 15–20 minutes, turning often, until dark and the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a skewer. If cooking on a griddle, finish the wings in the oven at 180C/gas 4 for 10–15 minutes to ensure they’re cooked through.