We’ve all been there – you’re having a nice dinner or a few drinks with friends when your hand slips, the glass or bottle falls, and all of a sudden there’s a spreading scarlet stain on your new white top. But, while red wine stains can be embarrassing and unsightly, they don’t need to stay on your clothes for long – there are some fairly simple steps to help get rid of them. So, without further ado, here are a few tips on how to remove red wine stains from clothes, bedding, or other fabric.
This easy-to-follow video shows you what to do in the event of a red wine stain:
- Dab or blot the excess liquid.
- Apply salt. This soaks up excess liquid and stops it seeping further into the garment.
- Apply white wine to help neutralise the stain.
- Baking Soda as a paste can also help to remove the wine stain.
- Wash as usual with Persil small & mighty – always read the directions on the care label (and on the product label) first.