- Prep time *15 min * Total Time :50 min *Servings :12
This banana bread coffee cake is a tasty new take on breakfast! Sliced and mashed bananas make this cake extra moist and delicious.
- 2to 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/3 cups), plus 1 large banana, sliced
- 2/3cup granulated sugar
- 1/4cup milk
- 3tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
Serve-With, If Desired
- Maple syrup
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- 2 In large bowl, stir mashed bananas, granulated sugar, milk, oil, cinnamon and eggs. Stir in 2 2/3 cups Bisquick mix and 3/4 cup walnuts; fold in banana slices. Pour mixture into pan.
- 3 In medium bowl, mix Streusel ingredients, cutting in butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over mixture in pan.
- 4 Bake 30 to 36 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows. Drizzle with maple syrup just before serving.
- 5 Make-Ahead Directions: Make as directed through step 3. Cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours. Uncover, and bake as directed in step 4.