16.5 ounces Baker’s Corner White Cake Mix
1/4 cup Carlini Vegetable Oil
3 Goldhen Large Eggs, whites only
2 limes, zested, divided
2 oranges, zested, divided
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 orange)
1/2 cup Friendly Farms 2% Milk
1 cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, room temperature
2 1/2 cups Baker’s Corner Powdered Sugar
1/8 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla Extract
3 tablespoons Friendly Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
Cupcakes infused with citrus fruit.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake mix, vegetable oil, egg whites, zest of 1 lime, zest of 1 orange, 1/2 cup lime juice and orange juice. Add the milk and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full, dividing the batter evenly among the lined cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-22 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare frosting: In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and salt, continue beating until well combined. Add 1 teaspoon lime juice, vanilla and heavy cream. Beat until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Frost each cupcake and sprinkle with the remaining lime zest and orange zest. Refrigerate until ready to serve.