While Magnolia Bakery is known for its Sex and the City-approved cupcakes, it’s the bakery’s creamy banana pudding that’s really its showstopper. If you haven’t tried it, trust us — this is going to easily become your new favorite dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 (12-ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 4 bananas, sliced
- Mix together the water, pudding mix, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight until it sets up.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Working in thirds, fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture until well incorporated.
- In a trifle bowl, layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas, and pudding mixture; continue until you’ve used up all the pudding mixture. Refrigerate for at least another 30 minutes before serving.