- Prep Time – 15 min
- Total Time –1 hr 15 min
- Servings –24
All the flavors of banana bread make these cereal and date snack bites a go-to snack!
- 1 cup Cheerios™ + Ancient Grains cereal
- 1 cup pitted dates, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 Generously grease 24 mini muffin cups with coconut oil, or spray with cooking spray. In large bowl, place cereal; set aside. In food processor, add dates, walnuts and 1 tablespoon water; pulse in 1-second bursts about 30 seconds or until finely chopped. Add oats, banana and chia seed; process until mixture comes together into a ball.
- 2 Transfer date mixture to bowl of cereal. Lightly spray hands with cooking spray; use hands to blend mixture. Use fingers to firmly press mixture evenly into muffin cups, pressing down to compact the mixture until firm.
- 3 Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Store covered in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Be sure to use fresh, soft dates for this recipe. If not available, soak dates in 2 tablespoons boiling water 15 minutes to rehydrate.