Serves ******10 to 12
Cooks In******1H 30M plus cooling
- 200 g fresh pineapple
- 110 g unsalted butter (at room temperature) , plus extra for greasing
- 110 g caster sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 250 ml sour cream
- 200 g self-raising flour , plus extra for dusting
- ¼ tesapoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150 g desiccated coconut
- 1-2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Peel, core and finely chop the pineapple.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs followed by the sour cream.
- Sift in the flour, bicarbonate soda and a pinch of sea salt and fold through, then mix in the coconut and pineapple.
- Pour into a lightly buttered and floured 18cm baking tin and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in the baking tin, then remove and leave to cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar to serve.