Cooks In****40 minutes
Difficulty****Not too tricky
- olive oil
- ½ a small shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50 g kale
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 200 g cooked leftover quinoa
- 100 g ground almonds
- 85 g feta cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small bunch of chives
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Line a muffin tray with paper cases and grease them with oil.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot. Peel and crush the garlic, then finely chop the kale.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, then add the shallot, garlic, kale, quinoa and almonds. Crumble in the feta.
- Mix well, then season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cases and bake for 20 to 25 mins, or until golden brown.
- Halve and destone the avocado, then scoop out and mash the flesh. Season. Finely chop the chives.
- Serve the muffins topped with mashed avocado, chives and a pinch of black pepper.