- Prep Time – 45 min
- Total Time – 2 hr 25 min
- Servings – 12
Gum drops make the petals of this incredibly easy flower cake. Use a rolling pin to roll the gum drops into petal shapes!
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- Water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 45 sugar-coated gum drops in assorted colors
- 1 miniature marshmallow
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottoms and sides of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with shortening or cooking spray.
- 2 Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 8-inch rounds. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For easier handling, refrigerate or freeze cakes 30 minutes to 1 hour or until firm.
- 3 On serving plate, place 1 cake layer, rounded side down. Spread with 1/2 cup of the frosting. Top with second cake layer, rounded side up. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- 4 On sugared surface, use rolling pin to roll gumdrops into oval shapes.
- 5 Place 23 gumdrop ovals around the edge of the top of the cake, overlapping slightly. Create a second circle inside the first circle using 15 gumdrops. Repeat once more in the center of the cake with the remaining 7 gumdrops. Place a miniature marshmallow in the center of the cake to form the center of the flower.