- Prep Time –45 min
- Total Time –60 min
- Servings –30
41% less fat • 50% less sat fat • 1g fiber than the original recipe.
Honey adds sweetness and texture to a favorite cookie now made with whole wheat flour.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup no-trans-fat 68% vegetable oil spread stick, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 375ºF. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter and vegetable oil spread with electric mixer on low speed until well mixed. Beat in honey and egg until well blended. Beat in remaining ingredients until dough forms.
- 2 Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place balls about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped in additional granulated sugar.
- 3 Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.