“This super-tasty pancake batter is perfect for vegans, plus buckwheat flour contains the mineral manganese, which we need to keep all our connective tissue strong and healthy. ”
- 300ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75 g blanched almonds
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 100 g rice flour
- 2 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- olive oil
- 350 g seasonal berries , such as strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
Stick the sprig of rosemary into the maple syrup bottle and use it to lightly brush syrup over the hot pancakes. Top each portion with a dollop of yoghurt and serve with extra berries on the side.
This batter will sit happily in the fridge, so make it the day before, or, if you’re cooking for fewer than four, simply make up the whole batch to do you for a couple of days.